This page has information on sourcing test materials, supplements for published standards, administrative circulars and independent test laboratories for those products regulated for energy efficiency in Australia. It is regularly updated with the latest information.
The following documents can be downloaded:
It is now possible to register a product for energy labelling or MEPS on-line. You can find out how to make an on-line application for an energy label and/or MEPS on this web site.
Test Material Sources
The PDF file titled Test Materials contains the latest information on sources of test materials for use in the following standards:
- Clothes Washers – AS/NZS 2040
- detergent (drum and non drum)
- clothes load items
- soil swatches (AS9)
- severity of washing swatches
- whiteness swatches (not normative)
- black clay (whiteness retention) (not normative)
- Dishwashers – AS/NZS 2007
- rinse aid
- Clothes Dryers – AS/NZS 2442
- Refrigerators & Freezers – AS/NZS 4474
- freezer test packs and test pack materials
Note that while the test loads items for clothes washers and clothes dryers are harmonised, laboratories should maintain separate loads for clothes washer and clothes dryer testing.