The ZERL includes more detailed information, than the previous energy rating label on air conditioners. The GEMS Regulator ran a series of information sessions around Australia in August and September 2019 on the new label. These information sessions were for air conditioner retailers and installers, so they can assist their customers to choose an efficient air conditioner for their climate. The sessions covered:
- why there has been a change to the label
- how to read the new label and explain it to customers
- the transition arrangements between the old and the new labels
- how retailers should display the label in store, including regulated responsibilities; and
- some questions that might be asked about the new label.
A copy of the slides from the presentation is available.
To assist retailers and installers who couldn't attend the sessions, a recording was made of the Melbourne presentation. The full recording is available to view, and there are shorter videos on each of the topics covered during the training. If you or your staff require additional assistance with training materials, please contact us.