The Equipment Energy Efficiency (E3) Program helps improve the energy efficiency of a range of appliances and equipment.
By buying more efficient models, households and businesses can consume less energy, save money on their energy bills, and help to reduce emissions.
Explore the tools and resources on this page to understand how the E3 Program helps energy consumers like you.
Tips to save money on energy bills...
- Use the energy rating label to choose a more efficient appliance. You will spend less on running costs over the life of the purchase.
- Always choose the right size model for your needs - bigger is not always better!
- When buying a television, each additional star is 20% more energy efficient than the previous star.
Buying a new appliance?
Here’s some questions to ask your retailer, to make sure you get the model that best suits your needs AND saves you money.
- How energy efficient is this model compared to my other options?
- How much will it cost me to run this model for a year, on average?
- Over ten years, would I be better off spending more now to buy a more energy efficient model that costs less to run?
Is your lighting costing you more than it should?
Lighting is responsible for around 10 per cent of the average household electricity bill.
We focus on a range of products to increase their energy efficiency, helping you save money on your bills and reduce emissions.
Some products have energy rating labels, others have Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS), while others have both.
We don't cover all appliances - just the ones that use the most energy. These have the greatest potential for saving you money, if you choose an energy efficient model.