A new upgrade facility is now available in the registration system that will allow registrants to upgrade their registrations from the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (Household Refrigerating Appliances) Determination 2012 (the 2012 Determination) to the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (Household Refrigerating Appliances) Determination 2019 (the 2019 Determination).
Any registrant with existing registrations under the 2012 Determination will be able to upgrade their registrations to the 2019 Determination without needing to complete a brand new product application, provided that the models in the registrations meet the requirements of the 2019 Determination.
A reduced fee of $210 will apply for upgrade applications.
The upgraded registration will be valid for the remainder of the registration period for the original registration; it will not receive an additional five years registration.
Please note that this upgrade facility will only be available for products registered in Australia.
To upgrade a registration:
- Go to the Overview page of the existing registration.
- Select ‘Upgrade Test Standard’ from the Actions box on the right hand side of the page.
- When the pop-up box appears, select the ‘Confirm’ button.
- When the pop-up box refreshes, select ‘Edit new Upgrade’.
- A new application appears, with all of the information from the previous application carried across, with the exception of the test report. Review each page of the application and provide the additional information where requested. Be sure to select the “Save” or “Save and Continue” button at the bottom of each page to save your changes. The system will automatically upgrade the application to the appropriate Determination on the Registration Type page, but we recommend that you review that the correct Determination has been selected.
- On the Labs & Test Results page, upload the new test report that supports the new information you are entering.
- Continue reviewing the application and provide any information that is requested.
- On the Payment page, pay the $210 fee through the online payment portal.
- If there are no issues, the application should automatically be submitted to the Regulator by the system after you have completed your payment. If this does not happen, return to your application and check it for any issues or messages and then manually select ‘Submit’ on the Summary and Submission page.
- The upgrade application will then be reviewed by an Assessor and approved if all requirements are met. You will receive an automated email from the system, indicating if your application has been approved or if further information is required.
We are currently updating our Help materials to include a video that will provide a visual walkthrough of the upgrade process and this will be available soon.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact the Energy Rating Team.