Renewing a registration before it expires
You can apply to renew your registration in the last six months before the expiry date. This will extend the expiry date by 5 years from the current expiry date. Applying to renew the registration prior to the expiry date allows suppliers, or commercial users, to ensure their product maintains a valid registration. Prior to renewing the registration, suppliers should check whether there have been any changes to the requirements for their product type by reading the relevant product determination. You will not be able to edit any details when using the ‘renew registration’ function. As such, you must ensure the details in your registration have not changed since your product was originally registered. If the details have changed, you will need to complete a new application to register your product. If you allow your registration to expire, the ‘renew registration’ function will not be available. You will need to complete a new application to register your product.
Steps to creating and submitting a renewal
- Log in to the registration system.
- If you have multiple Applicant accounts, open the relevant Applicant account.
- On the Dashboard, click on the Approved records.
- You can then sort by expiry date by clicking on the ‘expiry date’ column heading; you may need to click on the heading again to bring the older registrations to the top.
- Open the registration you need to renew that will expire within the next 6 months. You can open the record by clicking the ‘View’ link on the right side in the list of registrations.
- Once you have opened the registration, click on the ‘Renew Registration’ button in the Actions box on the right side of the Overview page.
- Click on the ‘confirm’ button on the pop up screen. Then ‘view renewal registration’.
- This will have created a draft renewal record with a new record number. You will need to click ‘Edit Application’ on the tab or select it from the Actions box.
- Click through to the ‘Payment’ page and follow the prompts to pay for the renewal.
- You must submit the application for processing. The status of the record should change from renewal to submitted.
- Once the renewal has been approved, the expiry date will be updated, along with a new approval certificate.
If you experience any issues, please email the Energy Rating Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the record number, the issue you are experiencing and, where possible, a screen shot of any error messages.